Fish Out of Water

John "Shooter" Albright Filed Under: Labels: , ,
Assignment: North Central News


What looks to be a poor attempt at a Jimmy Buffet concert (if you have ever seen one you know what I am talking about) is actually a stretching exercise for swimmers. The two swimmers facing the camera are both world class swimmers, both are from San Antonio, both competed in the US Olympic trails and yes both came up short of China.

Brett Denham (left) just finished up his 4 years of swimming at SMU and Marissa Jasek (right) is going to be a senior at TAMU. Both were asked to come and talk to a group of young swimmers on the locally famous Shadow Cliff swim club. Both almost-Olympians got in the water and swam some laps with the kids too.

It's my D300 again with my 17-55mm lens backed out to 17mm. I was running a shutter priority at 1/200 to keep my depth of field large. Aperture was f/16 and I had a -0.3 exposure composition to take advantage of some early morning sun light effects. I have my camera held up over my head shooting blind on this one.

| edit post

0 Responses to "Fish Out of Water"