Two-Step Stockyards

John "Shooter" Albright Filed Under: Labels: , ,
Assignment: Fiesta Magazine


Over the summer I have been asked by the Editor of Fiesta Magazine to do several shoots. Magazine work lends itself to more creativity and liberal use of the functions of the camera. All of the shoots have been a lot of fun.

Friday night I got to go to a new Bar/Restaurant on the far west side of town called “The Stockyards” and shoot the country western crowd dancin’, glancin’ and romancin’

The place was not packed so I wanted to show some movement in the photos of the people on the dance floor. Also I did not want to show identifiable faces in the photos either. And the place was pitch dark as well.

I placed the camera on top of a low table top in this shot to hold it steady. Ran several attempts at this on manual settings until I got a couple I liked.

Nikon D300 camera (I can explain why I was not using my D3). 17-55mm lens again at 17mm. aperture at 2.8 (wide open) ISO-1600, the shutter was nice a slow at1/1.6.

| edit post

0 Responses to "Two-Step Stockyards"