July 4th on the River Walk

John "Shooter" Albright Filed Under:
Assignment: Fiesta Magazine


Got up Early in the morning on July 4th as I was off from work and I drove downtown to shoot the River Walk. I don't think I have ever been on the river that early in the day but the river boat cruses were already in full flight by the time I got on the banks. I walked the whole way around shooting river boats, tourist and the occasional duck.

This Shot was taken from the river banks just past the St Mary’s Street Bridge and across the river from the brand new “Aztec on the River” shopping center.


On this shot (one of the first of the morning) i wanted to capture the reflection in the water as a river boat past by. I used my D300 with a 17-55mm lens pulled all the way out to 17mm. ISO-250, shutter 1/640 and aperture 2.8.

| edit post

0 Responses to "July 4th on the River Walk"