Jumping Jaguar

John "Shooter" Albright Filed Under: Labels: , , ,
Assignment: North Central News


Early morning summer work outs are the norm at local high schools in South Texas. While they are voluntary most kids wanting to "make the team" participate at some level in the athletic work outs. Working on an assignment about the Johnson Jaguars and their first year program I had a chance to take some shots of kids working out at Tejeda Middle School as the High School is not finished.

I found a group of freshman working on jumping drills, i put my camera on the ground in the shadow of the box and sprayed a few looking for something like this. Basically tricked the camera so I got a silhouette of the kids in the air.

D300 Camera with my 17-55mm lens at 17mm. ISO is at 400 for no reason at all. 5.6 on the f-stop for a bit of depth since I was focusing on the bottom of the box. Shutter came out at 1/5000 because of the trick.

| edit post

0 Responses to "Jumping Jaguar"